Saturday, May 24, 2014

California Game One: Giants vs Twins

After our two day trip we arrive in Alameda, California excited and anxious to see the first place Giants play the Minnesota Twins. We make it to the motel and unpack and relax for an hour and a half before heading out to the stadium. After some rest and relaxation we left for the game and we got to a bridge only to discover we were missing our tickets, so we made a U-turn and headed back to the motel and grabbed our tickets and left again. A few of us looked at the traffic and believed that we could still get the free hat at AT&T Park despite the setback, but alas it was not meant to be. We approach the toll road and find out that we might be stuck here for a while. An hour and ten minutes later, we make it through the toll road and floor it to the stadium. We made it to the stadium at about 6:30 and found our seats in the bleachers.

In the second inning I fell an extreme hunger come over me so I decided to get up and wander around the stadium to see what AT&T had to offer. I walk around the park and I find a stand that is making hot dogs wrapped in bacon and decide this is something that I cannot pass up. As I soon found out a lot of other people had felt the same way as me because the line was very long. As I waited in line, I conversed with a young gentlemen whose wife treated the cancer survivor who threw out the opening pitch. We began talking about the may term and various stadiums we have been to and ones he has been to and he left me with a mission: to walk around the entire park and give him a report by midnight. He also said that there was a place in the stadium where if I mentioned his name and asked for a lady that I could get a bobble-head made of myself. I got my bacon wrapped hot dog with grilled onions and jalapenos and began walking around the stadium to explore for the bobble-head stand and what else this stadium had to offer. As I began to eat my hotdog, I discovered that this was one of, if not the best hot dog I have ever had.

The game was a feature of the pitchers as there were very few runs scored in the game. In the second inning Pablo Sandoval hit a shot to left center to put the Giants up 1-0. Then in the sixth inning with runners on first and third Pablo Sandoval again comes up big with a sac fly to deep center that allows Angel Pagan to tag up and give the Giants a 2-0 lead. The Twins solo run came in the top of the ninth inning when Sergio Romo gave up a solo homerun to Pinto. After that Romo settled down and the Giants won the game 2-1.

Until next time,
The Woolf

No comments:

Post a Comment