Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Game Six Colorado Rockies vs. San Fransisco Giants

After rising in the wee early hours this mornings, we embarked on our journey on I-70 to Coors Field. This long trek took approximately thirteen hours with the time change, and was filled with laughter and singing (I will let Rachel tell that story).  We parked in a side lot about three blocks away from the stadium and all fumbled out of the car as our stiff muscles needed to be stretched out.  This day was much cooler than our last two games at Kaufman Stadium where we enjoyed mid 80 degree temperature, here we were stuck with mid 50's. 

We walked into Coors at about 5:45 and we each went our separate ways. Some of us took the route to follow Dr. Bob to our seats which were positioned right above the bullpens, in right-center which were amazing. After getting situated, we noticed that from our seats, we had a clear view of the rocky mountains which were breathtaking (photos to be added soon).

With there being a close race in the NL West between the Rockies and Giants tonight's game was a key one especially with the Rockies clinching game one of the series with a walk off double the night before. Tonight's game would not go the same.  Hunter Pence started the runs off in the fourth inning with a solo home run shot to right field. The next runs came in the sixth inning with Pablo Sandoval and Michael Morse go back to back homeruns to extend the lead to 3-0. The Giants once again extended the lead in the seventh inning with another homerun, this time coming off the bat of Brandon Crawford. The solo run from the Rockies came in the eighth inning when the Rockies had the bases loaded no outs, Michael Cuddyer grounds into a double play that drives in DJ LeMahieu. The final score ended up with the Giants on top 5-1, and now we look to game three to see if the Rockies can continue there streak of being undefeated in terms of series at home this year.

An interesting experience I had at this game, was I participated in a raffle for a new car where we sign up to win a car and then spin a wheel for a potential prize. Although I did not actually win on the wheel, I began conversing with the lady in charge and told her about our May term journey and followed it up by asking if I could have a shirt anyways. She assisted the next customer and my heart sank as I began to walk away. However, she stopped me and snuck me a shirt, so now I have a souvenir from the Colorado Rockies, that did not cost me a dime.

Until next time,

The Woolf

No comments:

Post a Comment